Psychology is the study that pretty much explains how our brain works. According to research, on an average, humans only use only 10% of their brains. Just imagine, within that little number we have practically achieved the impossible and are pushing our limits each day. It’s amazing what one can achieve if they knew the secrets of the mind. Well! This brings me to my next article which is about interesting human psychological facts. I bet you will be amazed to know so many things about yourself that you probably didn’t know before.
1. If you’re a good liar then you’ll be good at catching one.
2. You’re more creative at nights and less in mornings.
3. It takes 66 days to form a habit.
4. The blue color causes the brain to release hormones which Calm you.
5. ‘I’m fine’ is the most common lie.
6. Men speak around 12,500 words per day and women around 22,000.
7. 30% of the wake-up hours is actually spent on Daydreaming.
8. 50,000 different scents can be remembered by your nose.
9. If someone makes eye contact with you for 60% of the conversation they’re bored, 80% they’re attracted to you and if 100% of the time then they are threatening you.
10. Silence more than 4 seconds becomes awkward.
11. We can udnretsnad any msseed up stnecene as lnog as the lsat and frsit lteerts of wdros are in crrcoet palecs.
12. If you cry from happiness the first tear will come from the right eye but if you are crying from sadness it will come from the left one.
13. The brain is made up of 75% water, has about 100 billion neurons and weighs around 1300 to 1400 grams.
14. The only basic emotions are joy, acceptance, fear, surprise, sadness, disgust, anger, and anticipation. Others are just combinations of one or more basic emotions.
15. Out of the 5 senses, sense of smell is best attached to your memory.
16. Decisions made by Larger groups are poorer and more emotional rather than small groups or individuals.
17. 10 minutes is the maximum time a human mind can be attentive to something, after that it tends to revert to daydreaming.
18. The maximum number of close relationships/friendships you can maintain is between 50 and 150.
19. Emotional pain is always remembered more than physical pain.
20. 68% of the people suffer from Phantom Vibration Syndrome, the feeling that one’s phone is vibrating when it’s actually not.
21. A human can store 5 to 9 chunks of information in short-term memory at a time. (7 +/- 2)
22. You can’t multitask.
23. Memories are reconstructed every time we think of them.
24. Falling In Love Has same Neurological Effects as to that of Cocaine.