I spent the most beautiful years of my life in Bhilai. This city has given me laughter’s, tears and everything in between. Its hard to imagine that just like that 23 years have passed to the city I love, adore, admire the most. This post is a tribute to Bhilai and its awesomeness. So here it goes, 25 reasons why growing up in Bhilai was awesome –
1. Shanti & Satyam Bakery were always the most famous hangout places.
2. Long Drives on Rajnandgaon Highway and Forest Avenue road was always refreshing.
3. Whether it was Eid or Diwali or Lohri or Durga Pooja or Ganesh Chaturthi or any other festival, we celebrated each one of them with joy and fervor.
4. IIT Coachings after Class 10 was a necessity rather than interest.
5. Civic Centre was the one stop destination for all kinds of parties.
6. Writing Quarter No, Street No and Sector in your address had a different feeling altogether.
7. We were never short of greeneries around us.
8. Nanhe’s Tea was just too awesome to be missed.
9. Sector -10 Coffee-house always managed to pull ‘The Intellectual Lots’.
10. Sector 6 ‘A’ Market was the pilgrim ground for all kinds of shoppers and shopping.
11. Maitri bagh was the ultimate destination for weekend outings.
12. Jawahar Udyaan was always in the limelight for its controversies.
13. Evening stroll in sector parks was always delightful.
14. We had Sector-9(JLNH&RC) Hospital to take care of us.
15. “Bhilai Steel Plant” was always a reason to be proud of.
16 Whether its BIT or Shankara or Rungta or CSIT; Tech Fests brought us together.
17. Utkal, Mp Sweets & Madhuram satisfied our sweet tooths.
18. Khalsa Dhaba and Shivnath Cafeteria were the favorite out of city destinations for late night dinners.
19. Clubbing meant going to Bhilai club or Steel Club.
20. Nehru art gallery and Kala Mandir kept the art thingy inside us alive.
21. Devilal’s ‘Aalu Bonda’ was just irresistible.
22. Thanks to Bhilai, we didn’t had to go to Kota for our Competitive Exam preparations.
23. We always preferred Coolers over Air Conditioners during Summers.
24. Big Houses at Nehru Nagar always amazed us.
25. ‘Upadhyay’ – Because having paans and ‘stuffs’ from other places was too mainstream.
In case I have missed something, Please do chip in with your suggestions below in the comment section.